Martin Bonnici Photography Photo Walks in Malta
Perfect for locals and tourists who want to learn the secrets of how to take professional looking photos, in a short amount of time using my proven methods.
Come on an easy going practical photo walk that is packed full of valuable information. You can bring any camera but you will get the most from the photo walk using a DSLR.
Learn how to take great travel photos and use your camera in only 3 hours from professional photographer Martin Bonnici. With over 22 years of international exhibitions, fine art, photojournalism and commercial photographic experience working in the field and 9 years developing special methods teaching and lecturing internationally, you will be in the very best of hands. With guaranteed small numbers, this is a unique opertunity.
* Photo walks only run on demarnd
- It is best to book as soon as you can. My time permitting, I can do last minute books.
The photo walk consists of
• 3 hours of tuition and photo walk.
• Maximum number of 5 people per photo walk.
• Price €60 per person.
• Anyone attending this photo walk is required to pay
Contact Martin by email: http://www.martinbonniciphotography.com/index.php/contact-martin or phone: +356 99016630
It is important to understand that although this photo walk is done in the amazing backdrops of Valletta, Mdina, the 3 Cities and at times other areas, this is not a tour it is a photo walk.
This is a photo walk with practical photography tuition aimed at getting you using your camera and shooting amazing images that you will be proud of.
"In the photo walks you will encounter all types of shooting conditions in real time. This is the perfect way for you to learn with practical methods and ask lots of questions as we walk. With such a small group, participants will receive a lot of personal attention". Martin
What we will do:
• Meet up and talk about what you know and what you like to shoot. This will last for a
maximum of 30 minutes depending on how many photo walk participants we have at the time.
• Learn how to see through the eyes of a professional photographer/photojournalist with over 20 years international experience of working in the field.
• Familiarise yourself with camera settings
• Our classroom is the beautiful locations of Valletta, Mdina, the 3 cities and other cities at times.
• The style of this walking tour is photojournalism. We learn not only how to see but also how to look for the narrative and tell a photo story.
• How to shoot landscapes, cityscapes, seascapes, water, streetscapes, architecture, people as well as how to use fill flash. (shooting seascapes and water will depend on which photo walk you choose)
What we will cover:
• What to look for
• How to use aperture and or manual mode
• The uses of aperture or shutter priority
• How to make shutter speed, aperture and ISO work in together
• Depth of field
• How to adjust exposure manually
• Standardizing exposures for quick shooting
• Street shooting
• White balance
• Exploring the narrative
• And many pro tips
What we cover for night photo walks
• How to see at night, what to look for.
• How to use manual and aperture priority in your camera.
• How to make shutter speed, aperture and ISO work in together at night.
• Standardizing exposures for quick shooting at nigh.
• Street shooting.
• Creating light trails (when we can).
• Composition for night shooting.
• Both slow exposures on a tripod and hand held fast exposures for night shooting.
Special requests and private photo walks for half day, full day and full day and night also
available on request. Please contact for rates +356 99016630.
What to bring
• Appropriate clothing for the weather conditions. Keep in mind we will be mostly in the hot sun, I highly recommend a hat and sunscreen.
• Wear walking footwear that has good grip, Valletta streets tend to be very slippery.
• Dress appropriately for entrance to churches. We may go into churches, make sure you have something to cover your shoulders
• When necessary, Martin Bonnici Photography reserves the right to change venue.
• Tripods will only be used for night shooting photo walks. You must provide your own tripod.
Photo walk 1: Valletta €60
We will meet up at the main city gate. Once we are together we will sit and go through what you know
and talk about what we will do. We will talk about how to explore the narrative in your photo story.
Start time: 9am.
Once we are ready to go, we will walk through the ambient historical, baroque city streets of Valletta.
We will be using a variety of photographic techniques that are aimed to get you confident using your
camera as you achieve taking some great travel images.
Photo walk 2: Mdina €60
Start time 1400
We will meet up at the Main city gate. Once we are together we will sit and go through what you know
and talk about what we will do. We will talk about how to tell a photo story. In this workshop we will
walk and shoot through the moody medieval streets of Mdina and also Rabat. Start time: 130pm
Photo walk 3: Dusk/Night shooting in Valletta €60
Night photo walk start time will be communicated upon booking as it depends on sunset.
* You must bring your own tripod
*To get the best out of this workshop you will need a camera that can be used in Aperture or full Manual mode.
* Please note: Bookings are essential and workshops only run on demand. I can take last moment bookings but this will depend on my work load, it is best to let me know as soon as you can. With my work, shooting or teaching, priority is always given to booking on a first come basis.
By booking or attending, all participants agree to all terms and conditions. Participants will be required to sign workshop agreement prior to commencement of the photo walk: http://www.martinbonniciphotography.com/index.php/martin-bonnici-photography-photo-walks/photo-walk-agreement
If you book any 2 photo walks €110 per person, you receive €5 off each of those photo walks.
If you book all 3 photo walks €150 per person, you will receive €10 off each of those photo walks.